What Do You Do When Everything Turns Upside-Down?
Isa 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness; Who substitute bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!
It is interesting to me how this bible passage is unfolding before our eyes today isn’t it. We see illegal aliens walking openly in our streets proclaiming their illegality- with pride-and no one does anything but applaud. It is just as Paul said in the first chapter of his letter to the Romans: after laying out a litany of evils practiced by a God hating world he finishes his point by saying in verse 32 “and although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them.”
1. Communists invaded a couple of Banks in NYC demanding what they think is theirs, houses, jobs, power…and people applaud. http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/2010/04/violent-leftists-raid-nyc-bank-takeover-lobby/
2. Homosexuals flaunt their ‘lifestyles’ in our faces, demanding ‘special rights’…and people applaud. If you speak out against them you will be jailed. Here is a story from England. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/religion/7668448/Christian-preacher-arrested-for-saying-homosexuality-is-a-sin.html Now remember that there is a Grand Canyon of a difference between speaking the Truth in love and being a jerk like ‘pastor’ Fred Phelps of Westboro Baptist Church whose homepage is titled www.godhatesfags.com. Warning: This website is toxic, it is pure evil. I have never seen such hatred as is portrayed on the front page of their website. This ‘church’ (I use the name loosely) is a cult, a hate group, nothing more, nothing less. Groups like this are what people see and attribute to real Christianity. They are the cause of our grief! What I saw on their site is beyond bizarre! Horrifying signs, blasphemous articles. They actually have a ‘picket schedule’ so you can get involved. This is sick.
Now let me tell you something. Homosexuality is a sin, it is an abomination before a Holy God who will judge those who remain unrepentant. But two wrongs don’t make a right. True Christians are saved sinners who are in the world, but not to be of it. The Bible tells us “Do not be bound together with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness? 15 Or what harmony has Christ with Belial, or what has a believer in common with an unbeliever? 16 Or what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; just as God said, “I WILL DWELL IN THEM AND WALK AMONG THEM; AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE. 17 “Therefore, COME OUT FROM THEIR MIDST AND BE SEPARATE,” says the Lord. “AND DO NOT TOUCH WHAT IS UNCLEAN; And I will welcome you. 18 “And I will be a father to you, And you shall be sons and daughters to Me,” Says the Lord Almighty. “2Cor 6:14-18
We are to be different than the world. We are to be transformed by the renewing of our minds and we are called to be salt and light in this dark world. We are called to reflect the love of God in Jesus Christ to sinners who are in desparate need of a Savior. We are called to be ambassadors for Christ, living witnesses of the grace of God to sinners… and we must never forget that we are sinners too, that all that separates us from rebellious, unrepentant sinners is the grace of God who had mercy upon us. But for His grace we would still be in our sins and destined for hellfire! Remember this!
3. Oil is gushing out of a well in the Gulf and no real efforts have been made to fix the problem…because the bigger the devastation, the better the case for the environmentalist agenda!
4. Illegal aliens march in the streets flaunting their lawlessness. And in keeping with the spirit of their cause they vandalized the town. Check this out; http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jqDBGmaJF45-4xA1CXCFeBGQPBkQD9FF2SAO0 It gets worse. Those who dared to point out the illegality of these marchers were beaten. You can read all about it here; http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/san_francisco&id=7417829
Now while Mexico is complaining about Arizona’s new immigration law that is designed to protect AMERICAN CITIZENS, check this article out and see how ‘illegal American aliens are treated in Mexico. http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=36735&s=rcme
Glenn Beck calls our government Crime Inc http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,591790,00.html and it is clear that our government, our non-representing representatives are doing all they can to spread lawlessness. And they make big shows of ‘morality’ such as when, in pure theater fashion, Senator Lindsey Grammnesty ‘storms out of a immigration meeting in disgust.’ Trust me, this is pure political show stuff designed to make you think he is on your side! He’s not. He is a self serving ‘lifetime politician who will do anything to keep his job! That includes granting amnesty to lawless men who have skulked into our nation illegally in the ‘hopes’ that they will vote for him. How stupid can one man be!@
5. Hollywood sends representatives to Arizona along with others from the musical entertainment field, to rail against a law that was passed to protect legal citizens from being murdered in their beds or having their identity stolen by those who choose a non-traditional manner of citizenship… and people applaud. http://origin.thefoxnation.com/arizona-immigration-law/2010/04/30/entertainers-speak-out-against-az-law
Whats worse is that those who would stand up and point out the wrongness of all of this are labeled ‘haters’ ‘mean spirited’ ‘narrow minded’ or ‘legalistic’. Isn’t this interesting! Evil is applauded and good is cursed! Evil is now good and good is now evil. Whoever would have thought that such a thing could be concieved of? Hmmmm, how about our opening bible passage!
Well, what can be done?
Let me address Christians specifically: I want you to consider this statement; There are three types of people in the world
1. Those who make things happen
2. Those who watch things happen… and
3. Those who say “What Happened?”
Which one are you? Are you one who will stand up and let your voice be heard as you speak the truth…in other words will you fight for your country, or are you the type that sits by and says “Somebody ought to do something about that“… while you watch your country destroyed by communists, socialists, and anarchists, or are you the ostrich type who sticks your head under your pillow pretending this really isn’t happening. And then one day you wake up with the secret police breaking down your door to haul you away to a concentration camp.
Do you think this is absurd? It has happened in the past and those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it!
Let me tell you something We aren’t prepared! We aren’t prepared to fight either physically or intellectually, or spiritually. But we had better get ready! We must not be the instigators of violence in any way shape or form for all who live by the sword will perish by the sword.
But we must be prepared to defend ourselves. We must know the gospel of peace, we must know what the enemies of our souls believe and teach, we must know how to wield the sword of the Spirit and we must learn to defend ourselves physically. There is a time and a place for everything, a time for turning the other cheek and a time for self defense.
Consider something that God has spoken to us through the Prophet Nehemiah. This is a biblical call to arms. Now I know that you are fearful. So am I. I never thought I’d see the day in this nation when the spirit of antichrist had such power! This is scarey stuff. We are surrounded by enemies on every side. The enemy is coming in like a flood and we must pray that God will raise up a standard against them. But there is hope! Listen to this message from God and take heart.
He said Ne 4:14 When I saw their fear, I rose and spoke to the nobles, the officials and the rest of the people: “Do not be afraid of them; remember the Lord who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives and your houses.”
The key here is to remember the Lord who is Great and Awesome. Look to Him who will give you what you need to defeat His enemies and yours! Look back through history and you will see how God fought for His people…and when He let them be captured, He also gave them power to speak the truth with boldness…even while being burned alive.
Remember too that our enemies can only kill our physical bodies…and only if God allows them to…but they can’t touch our souls. To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. So make sure you are His child and then fight with the strength that He gives and may God be glorified through your lives.
Have a nice day.